Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Clean "dirty" hair

The latest and greatest from Bumble and Bumble (purveyor of the magical hair powder...perhaps I'll save that for another post - too many praises to fit both that and this new product in one place!) is simply called "texture".  It's self-explanatory.

Just about anyone can use it.  Well, almost anyone.  Vin Diesel, no.  Kelly Slater, no. Charles Barkley, definitely not.  

Ssshhhh...don't talk. Just flex your pecs and keep your mouth shut. It's better that way.

Awww, don't feel so bad Kelly...B&B Texture isn't waterproof anyway.

Don't worry about product, worry about that baby in your belly.  Wait...you're not pregnant, Charles? My bad.
(Ladies - brought in Chuck to cool you down after the first two hot bodies - I mean, this is a blog about hair product for pete's sake.)
 Back to good hair.  Texture will work for short, long, males, females, curly, straight.  I like to use it around the roots for some lift and Neutrogena Split End Mender at the ends (see previous blog The End of Split Ends) before blow drying.  And because it's matte, I like to use a light shine spray to finish it all off.  This is what I look like when I'm done:


Ok, not really.  But Padma's style here is just what you can use B&B Texture to achieve.

My husband uses it to make his hair look like Brad Pitt's:
This is the exact photo my husband googled, printed out in color and brought to his (ahem...MY) hairstylist as a guide.
Available at salons or online at B&B's site for $26.  If you're gun-shy, try the 2 oz. version for $12.  Seems steep, but even for my long hair, a pea-sized dollop is enough.  Just remember - use it when the hair is still DAMP, lest you want your hair to look like this (WARNING: eighties flashback):
Adam Ant. Is he still alive? All I know is No Doubt is reviving his songs.  Jeezus, is No Doubt still alive?


No comments:

Post a Comment