Saturday, February 19, 2011

Put a frickin' bird on it.

Can I be a fan of a show if I haven't even seen a full episode of it?  I say yes.  And that show is Portlandia. A flash of brilliance about the city that will soon become my home.  I highly suggest watching the 3 minute clips on Hulu or youtube.



Interestingly, after watching a clip about a Portland couple that likes to put birds on things to make them cool and hipster, I got to witness the very phenomenon myself while visiting Portland.  The people of Portland really DO like putting birds on things.  Everything. See my snapshots below...


Sparkly bird with candle.


Bird painting on a tree bark frame. Fitting.

Petrified dove.

Utilitarian birds that will hold your business card for you. This only works if you own a bird store.

Felt bird. I wonder if it is filled with catnip.

Bird on a stick.

Bird ornaments.

Birds that got hit with the ugly stick.

Bird vs. gorilla cage fight greeting card.

Another bird candle holder

Ghetto-ass bird. His eyes are crooked and his tail is just sad, sad, sad.

What happens when you dip your parakeet in molten gold. Note the flannel-clad, beanie-wearing gentleman outside this establishment. It's like 1992 all over again.

Ditto.

Put a bird on a retro houndstooth blazer. Oh so Portland.

Drink your Rogue Ale with the birds!

Bird coaster - to put your bird beer glass on.

Owls are birds too.

No comments:

Post a Comment